Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back for another year is - Miss Courtney!

Miss Courtney is back for another year of teaching for us at DCJ. As a master technician and stylist we are so excited to have her expertise at the studio and doing chorography on our competition once again this year. Courtney is great with the little ones and works wonders with the teenagers which is why we are so lucky to have her! Get to know Miss Courtney a little better by reading her welcome letter below:

Welcome!I am pleased to take this opportunity to introduce myself and welcome your child to my class.  Hi, my name is Courtney Bouse and I am very excited to teach dance to your child this year! I started dancing at the age of 3 and have loved every minute since. I received a dance scholarship from Oklahoma City University where I studied under the direction of Jo Rowan.  While attending OCU I was a member of The American Spirit Dance touring company and danced in numerous performances including "Oklahoma," The Yuletide Magic Christmas Spectacular with the Philharmonic Orchestra, OCU Centennial Celebration, and many more. In 2005 I graduated Magna cum Laude with a BPA in Dance Performance. Upon graduation from OCU, I danced for Holland America Cruise Lines aboard the Ryndam and Westerdam where I traveled the Caribbean, Mexico, and Europe. I also danced in Branson, Mo. for the Shoji Tabuchi Show and The Andy Williams Variety and Christmas Shows.  I have been teaching all ages and styles of dance for the past 8 years. This year I will be teaching Jazz, Ballet, Lyrical, Pointe, and Tap as well as choreographing for the award winning Diva Competition Team.
 
My personal goal is to provide my students with a good quality dance foundation that encourages self esteem, creativity, discipline, confidence, appreciation for music and dance, and above all FUN!! I hope that my teaching will inspire my students to live out their dreams through the art of dance. I am looking forward to sharing my love of dance with all my students!



No comments:

Post a Comment