Monday, August 15, 2011

Meet the Teacher Week - Colette

Hello Everyone! We managed to survive our first week of fall classes! The kids were great in class and we had a blast getting to know all of our new students and seeing our returning students after the long summer break! We have a few new faces around the studio so we thought we would take this week and introduce you to our teaching staff! Below is a welcome note from Colette. We are so excited to welcome her as a full time staffer at DCJ and can't wait to see what this year has in store for her!

Hello parents and welcome to another wonderful dance year.  For those of you who do not already know me, my name is Colette Spirer and I have been a guest teacher for DCJ over the past couple years.  I have also set choreography on the Divas Competition team, most notable, Shoeless Joe.  I am thrilled to now be a full time staff member. 
I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas where I was classically trained at Chamberlain Ballet.  While there, I was a part of in their pre-professional company performing in shows such as The Nutcracker and The Dallas Morning News Dance Festival.  I went on to study at Oklahoma City University as a dance performance major with an emphasis on musical theatre.  While at OCU, I was not only a member of the American Spirit Dance Company, but also auditioned and performed in many operas and musicals.  Shows include Seussical, The Merry Widow, Hansel and Gretel, and Guys and Dolls to name a few.  During my summers off, I went on to perform in WaterTower Theatre’s Cabaret and worked as a featured dancer/singer at the Iberostar Resort in Playa Del Carmen Mexico.  After graduation I moved to Orlando, Florida to follow my lifelong dream of wanting to be a performer at Walt Disney World.  While there I had numerous opportunities such as performing in shows, parades, media and corporate events, and most importantly being Princess Jasmine.  I loved every minute!
I now reside in Frisco where I am happily married to my husband, Tal, of almost three years.   I have been teaching dance for four years and enjoy every minute. This year I really look forward to sharing my passion for dance with your children, and to help them strive to be the best dancers they can be.   I want the dancers not only be great technicians, but to showcase their artistry and performance ability.  Here’s to a great year and I look forward to meeting you all!

WELCOME COLETTE! HERE IS TO ANOTHER GREAT YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment